Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pet Peeves

Am I seriously the only person in this house who knows how to replace an empty toilet paper roll?
How about fill an ice cube tray?
Or put my shoes in the cute little caddies I bought solely for that purpose?

I am not an easy woman to please, I understand that, but why do these people I live with not even try?!?  They claim to hate my nagging yet they provide me with an endless list of irritations and annoyances to harp on. 

For instance, what is the deal with refusing to finish off the last of something?  I mean, why leave half a swallow of milk in the jug, a smattering of ketchup in the bottom of the bottle or a single Oreo in the package?  What good is one Oreo??  And why leave a bread bag with just the heels in it laying on the counter?  Just throw it away!

Oh, and speaking of bread bags, am I the only one who knows how to use the twisty tie on the bread?  Or a chip clip? Or reseal a zipper baggie?  Seriously, folding the bag over does not in any way, shape or form constitute an air tight seal.

And more bag related vexations...Why is it that no one else in this house can figure out that when the trash bag is full, an actual human being must remove said bag and replace it with a new one?  And why, oh why, do the people I live with think that an acceptable solution to a full garbage pail is to sit excess refuse on the kitchen counter?!?   I don't know which is more irritating, the trash on the counter or that darn single Oreo in the package. 


Also, I'd like to know what's so hard about scraping one's plate?  We have a garbage disposal, for Pete's sake, so even if that trash can is full, there's no excuse for not scraping.  

And why when I tell someone to pick up something or clean up a mess do they feel it necessary to inform me that it isn't theirs?  Did I ask if it was theirs?  Do I care?  NO!  Just do it.  I pick up stuff and clean up junk that isn't mine all day long.  It doesn't kill me, and it won't kill them.

Honestly, if they'd just put things back where they belong, they wouldn't have to all that picking up and cleaning up to begin with.  Plus, if they'd put things back when they're finished with them, I wouldn't always have to go hunting for scissors, tape and my good ink pens.


I could go on and on and on, but by now, you're probably feeling like my family does...wishing I would just quit complaining already.  So...I will.  :-)






4 comments:

  1. Amen Sista!!! Corey has to walk past the trash can to get to the kitchen, yet every morning I find trash on the counter. He leaves the empty roll on the toilet paper holder. But he thinks he did good by sitting the fresh roll on top of the empty one. He refuses to use the twist ties also. Instead I get to fight with the knot he has tied in the bag. As for scissors and pens, when my favorite pen is missing it can always be found on his desk. And my scissors, he used them a couple months ago, they haven't been seen since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me. I think all moms feel that way. Life would be so simple if they would just listen and do what we tell em! :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I hear ya!!! Sounds like we live in the same house, Empty tissue boxes, dog food cans & their jaggy lids by the dogbowls, wet towels in a pile on the 13yo DD bedroom floor & Don't forget the socks on the Loungeroom floor where they got pulled off, the toothpaste & brush left on the sink, teabags on dish drained and my personal favorite- the dirty clothes in the bathroom in the SPOT where the laundry bin WAS when I have carried it out to empty it :(
    Andall the mumma's said "Amen"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one!!! Sounds like me at my house:) Love to read your writing!

    Christy Wyrick::::)))))

    ReplyDelete